The successful projects include applications in the trade, tourism, health and homecare services, sustainable development and consumer services. They include:
· M_Stadium. France Telecom plans to develop a range of NFC services for stadium events including paperless tickets, accreditation and interactive labels scattered in and around the stadiums.
· NFC-TTH. SNCF Proximités plans to develop a range of services transport and tourism for handicapped travellers using NFC, RFID and geolocation services.
· Onco-Trace. Creative Eurecom aims to use RFID and NFC technology to improve the way in which patients receiving chemotherapy treatments are monitored, both in hospitals and in the home.
· Self Scan Mobile. Keyneosoft is to develop a service to enable self scan retail checkouts to be replaced with NFC mobile phones, including integrating the service with mobile shopping lists, couponing and payments functions.
· Shop'N'more. Laser Loyalty is to develop an NFC-based multi-brand loyalty and promotions system.
· Alice. Mindscape has received funding to develop a B2B2C service platform using the Nabaztag RFID rabbit.
· Autopartage. A car sharing application proposed by Continental Automotive aims to increase the use of car sharing services using NFC technology.
· Barfid. Systerel plans to use RFID technology to develop a new type of level crossing barrier that will provide a higher level of safety for uses of rail crossings.
· Confiance. Extelia is to develop a trusted third party platform designed specifically to meet the needs of the service sector, making it easier to handle the service billing process.
Consulting Smart Ltd provide specialist consultancy on the design and deployment of smart card and NFC technologies. For more information on how we can help your organisation realise the full benefits please see www.consultingsmart.co.uk or email us at email@example.com